THE COLLECTION is one of the world’s most renowned automotive destinations headquartered in the heart of Coral Gables; a suburb of Miami, Florida. For the last 30+ years, THE COLLECTION has established itself as South Florida’s foremost luxury automotive dealership and authorized dealer for Audi, Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati, McLaren, Aston Martin, Jaguar and Alfa Romeo. We pride ourselves on consistently exceeding our customers’ expectations and creating lifelong relationships with our clientele.
The Service Director oversees the entire service operation and its 160 employees. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of our service business for eight luxury brands, which currently produces in excess of 11,000 flat rate hours per month and generates in excess of 200 repair orders per day. Our ideal candidate will be an experienced, forward-thinking and self-driven individual with long term vision and the highest ethical standards, willing to take new challenges.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Forecasts goals and objectives for the Service Department and monitoring the department’s performance to meet them.
· Hires, trains, motivates, and monitors the performance of the Service Department managers.
· Prepares and administers an annual operating budget for the service department
· Works with Service Advisors and Technicians to improve profitability and efficiency
· Creates and maintains a positive relationship with customers, ensuring that department staff is helpful, as well as making customer satisfaction a priority to ensure referral and repeat business
· Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks
· Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality
· Makes customer satisfaction a department priority, ensuring that service personnel are courteous and respectful in their interaction with customers
· Handles customer complaints immediately and according to dealership's guidelines
· Serves as liaison with factory representatives
· Maintains safe work environment
· Maintains a professional appearance
Qualifications and skills:
· 10+ years overall experience in automotive industry.
· 5+ years previous experience as a Service Director in a multi-brand highline dealership
· Must have experience managing multiple brands simultaneously
· Required to maintain the profitability of the department while controlling expenses and maintaining customer satisfaction
· Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
· Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures
· Must be able to manage over 160 service employees
· Train, motivate and develop current employees and new hires
· Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
· Understands how to develop and implement business strategies
· Ability to work well with all levels of management, executive leadership and support staff
· Ability to work extended hours, evenings and weekends to achieve your goals
· High attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· High sense of urgency
· Ability to ensure that tasks are completed accurately and efficiently
· Interpersonal skills
· Four-year college degree is highly preferred
· Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
· Must be able to pass pre-employments screens (Background & Drugs)
Benefits and Perks:
· Outstanding compensation plan
· Ability to write your own pay plan
· Free medical insurance
· Corporate 401K match
· Competitive benefits packages
· Paid vacations and sick days
· Closed for business on Sundays
· Closed for business on 6 Federal holidays